My very first blog post...(an original title)

I really enjoy reading blogs. I also really enjoy writing things down. So to think that it has taken me this long to start something of my own is a bit silly really and I have a lot of catching up to do.

I'm being forced coerced encouraged to start by the inspiring Principal Possum (@maurieabraham) to give blogging a go. He knew just how to get to me too and told me about some challenge or another where I should blog every week - 'it doesn't have to be long', he excitedly exclaimed 'even just a picture with a comment' - and see if I can keep it up. He knows me all too well and here I am, in the final days of my summer holidays, starting along the long and winding road that is writing a blog. 

I'm unsure as yet whether to stick to a focus or to just remain open and go with the flow. The latter seems far more interesting and inviting but I am aware of my wandering mind and ease at which I can jump from thought to thought, project to project. Perhaps this project in itself will help to focus my efforts. 

Thursday is our official start to the year and this will be my first in New Zealand. That in itself is a daunting thought, accompanied by the usual start of term craziness that results in never ending to do lists; mine currently has 36 boxes left to check, colour coded of course. Understandably I included a few things I have already done in attempt to make me feel as though progress was being made and another few things that may be delegated to others at a later date too - is that allowed? 

I'll keep it short for my first post I think. There is an overwhelming desire to write down all the thoughts currently swirling around in the jumbled vortex that is my pre-new-school-year brain but I know that my time to sleep an unnecessary amount of hours is to be over in a matter of days. 




Comments

  1. Great. This will be our homework every Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice start. See your next post next Sunday. Is Maurie leading by example and publishing every week? If so, I'll join both of you in a blog pact to create content!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts